Area Rug Cleaning
Choose Nature Works Chem-Dry for Area Rug Cleaning in Poughkeepsie
We prioritize the well-being of your rugs, employing gentle, non-toxic cleaning solutions that are safe for both your rugs and your family. Our meticulous cleaning process effectively removes dirt, stains, and allergens, restoring the vibrant colors and intricate patterns that make your rugs so special.
Shield Your Rugs from the Elements
Protect your investment. Our rug protection treatments create an invisible barrier that repels dirt, stains, and damage, helping to preserve the beauty and integrity of your rugs for longer.
Why You Shouldn’t Trust Your Rug Cleaning to Just Anyone
- Your rugs are a major investment. You wouldn’t trust your car or refrigerator to just anyone. Don’t trust your rugs to just anyone. Chem-Dry professionals are trained to clean all types of rugs, from common area rugs to expensive and delicate Oriental or Persian rugs.
- Our cleaning process is gentle yet effective. We use specialized tools and equipment designed to clean your rugs without damaging them. Our process preserves the dye within the fibers of your rug, leaving the colors vibrant and fresh.
- Our cleaning products don’t leave behind residue. Some cleaning products used by other services leave behind residues that can attract dirt and dust. Our cleaning products are non-toxic and residue-free, so your rugs will stay cleaner longer.
- We take care of your rugs like they’re our own. We understand that your rugs are important to you, and we treat them with the utmost care. Our technicians will carefully inspect your rugs and spot clean any problem areas before they start cleaning.
How to Prepare for a Chem-Dry Oriental Rug Cleaning
Step 1: Remove clutter
First, our Chem-Dry area rug cleaners will vacuum before the main cleaning process, but larger clutter like shoes, toys, and the like can get in the way. Not only that, these items can be a tripping hazard. By removing these items from the area rug, you can help ensure that your rug is cleaned thoroughly, efficiently, and safely.
Step 2: Remove light furniture
Our technicians are experts at oriental rug cleaning, but they are not licensed movers. That’s why we ask you to move any furniture pieces such as coffee tables, plant stands, and floor lamps to the side in a nearby room before we start cleaning. Once the rug is dry, you can move the furniture back to its original location.
Step 3: Note stains & focus areas
Once you’ve noticed a stain or a flaw on your area rug, it can become all you see whenever you look at it. That’s why it’s important to note any areas that need extra care before the cleaner arrives. This will help ensure that you are completely satisfied with the results of the cleaning.
Step 4: Prep your pets
Next, remember a new person in your house, particularly one bringing new equipment and new smells with them, can potentially agitate your pets, so make sure that you have prepared for this. It might be wise to have your pet stay with a friend or relative or even closed into another room or the backyard.
Step 5: Clear a path
Lastly, before your technician arrives, create a clear path for them to get from their vehicle to your front door and from your front door to your oriental rug. This is especially important if they are using equipment that is attached to their van. You may need to move cars out of the way or move furniture to create a clear path.
Read what people in Poughkeepsie are saying about their experience:
Brian, the owner-operator of Nature Walk Chem-Dry, was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive to our questions and adjusted his schedule to fit our needs. He arrived timely, was a very conscientious worker and he was considerate of our home. He made sure we were satisfied throughout the whole process, gave us some upkeep tips and followed up after our cleaning. We are pleased with the results and highly recommend Brian and Chem-Dry.
Brian was wonderful! My rugs are fresh and cleaner than I thought they could ever get! I would recommend without hesitation
Brian came, tested our oriental carpets for potential color bleeds before cleaning them. He found no signs.
They had not been cleaned before; now the colors are more bright and vibrant.
He is very courteous and professional. The work was started promptly and finished in the estimated time.
I would highly recommend Brian for any carpet and upholstery cleaning in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to clean an area rug?
The cost of cleaning an area rug depends on the following factors:
- Whether you clean it yourself or have it professionally cleaned
- The area in which you live, and the availability of cleaning services
- The size of the rug
- The extent of the dirt or damage
Do dry cleaners clean area rugs?
While some dry cleaners may clean an area rug, you are often better suited hiring a professional carpet cleaning service, as this is more in their purview.
How do you clean a rug without a steam cleaner?
To avoid the amount of soap and chemicals often involved with steam cleaning, Chem-Dry employs a process with millions of tiny bubbles, which work together to gently but efficiently remove dirt from the depths of the carpet. This natural method uses 80% less water than traditional steam cleaning.