The holidays are a time for joy and cheer, but they can also be a time for messy carpets. With all the extra guests, cooking, and festive activities, it’s easy for your carpets to get dirty and stained. So, when’s the best time to schedule your holiday carpet cleaning from Nature Works Chem-Dry?
Pros and cons of carpet cleaning before the holidays
On the one hand, you want your carpets to be as clean as possible for your guests. On the other hand, you don’t want to risk accidents happening on a recently cleaned carpet.
- Fresh and inviting home for guests
- Removal of allergens and pollutants, which can improve indoor air quality
- Carpets are more likely to get dirty again during the holiday festivities
- Carpets may experience extra wear and exposure to winter elements like snow, mud, and salt due to the increased traffic in your home
Pros and cons of carpet cleaning after the holidays
Scheduling deep carpet cleaning after the holidays has its own benefits and drawbacks.
- Removal of dirt, mud, and stains accumulated during the holiday festivities
- A clean start for the new year
- Carpets may be dirty for a longer period of time
- You may not want to have your carpets cleaned until guests have left
Determining the best time for carpet cleaning
Ultimately, the best time to schedule deep carpet cleaning depends on your priorities and how recently your carpets were last cleaned.
If you want your carpets to be as clean as possible at the start of the holiday season and are willing to risk them getting soiled during gatherings, it may be best to have them cleaned before the holidays. If you’re more concerned about dealing with the aftermath of parties and guests, it may be better to wait until after the holidays to have your carpets cleaned. If you’re not sure, you can use the timing of your previous professional cleaning as a guide. If it was within the last 3-6 months, you may want to wait until after the holidays. If it was more than 6 months ago, it may be better to schedule cleaning before the holidays.